Recipe: Super Fast Tasty Quick Fix Spicy Tuna Patties
One of the most exciting things about cooking is the skill of taking simple food and elevating its flavor with unexpected ingredients. Take tuna, for example. It would not be my favorite food when served as a salad or a sandwich. But these spicy tuna patties are an entirely different story. In fact, this recipe came out of pure necessity.
Let me explain. I was raised in a household where a meal was not complete if there was meat was on the plate. My husband, raised similarly. Surprisingly, recently, he decided he wanted to try meatless eating.
Wow! Really? But then my thoughts; why the heck not, let’s go for it.
We decided to agree on the conditions that we would continue to eat dairy and seafood. Oh… and, yes, I was definitely happy about that.
So, before I go on, I should warn you that I have never prepared a meatless meal. At least, not intentionally. And somehow using seafood feels a bit like cheating when it is as scrumptious as these spicy tuna patties.
When it comes to food, the most important things to me are flavor and texture. For me, the cuisine must have layers of great flavor that are bold and interesting and offer a true culinary experience.
I seasoned these tuna patties with cayenne pepper, old bay seasoning, pepper sauce and loaded with onions and parsley; now those are big, bold flavors! The spicy flavor is rounded out with a bit of lemon juice, eggs, mayo, and earthiness of the flaxseed. The beautiful crisp salad provides a cool freshness to the dish.
Talk about a winning meatless meal! Not only are they delicious, but they are also healthy and satisfying. And, what an easy meal to prepare on any night of the week. I whipped this entire meal up in less than 30 minutes.
Here’s My Recipe for My
Spicy Tuna Patties
- 3 5.5 oz Cans tuna in oil drained
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon old bay seasoning
- 1/4 cup golden flaxseed
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- hot pepper sauce to taste
- Lightly beat eggs with hot pepper sauce.
- Add all of the dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir until well combined.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture, and add the egg mixture. After that, add all of the remaining ingredients except vegetable oil.
- Gently stir the mixture to combine. Do not over mix or it will become gummy.
- Using you hands, form the mixture into patties.
- Heat a large pan on the stove over medium high heat, and add vegetable oil. Once the oil is hot, add the patties being sure not to over crowd the pan.
- Cook the patties until the outer layer is nice and crisp and golden brown.
- Remove the patties from the pan to a rack to allow them to cool slightly, and firm up before serving.
Per serving, based on 8 servings. (% daily value)
Welcome! My name is Pam, and thanks for visiting my blog. Food and Wine Chronicles was created to share real-world experiences in the culture. From wine reviews and wine articles to interviews with winemakers and winery visits, reviews of the latest food hot-spots to the creation of cuisine, all are meant to help educate, inspire, motivate, and connect you to the fantastic vibrant and cultured food and wine lifestyle.Learn more
Search Food & Wine Chronicles
*you will be sent a confirmation email upon subscribing, please confirm your subscription to stay connected.