Let’s be real: I have created recipes for many different types of pizza. This recipe is the first I have created for a completely vegetarian pizza; it’s one of my best. The mouthwatering cauliflower pizza crust does contain egg, so it can’t be considered vegan. But it still pretty healthy.
There are tons and tons of tasty recipes online for cauliflower crusts that don’t include eggs. But, if you are like me and not concerned with eating eggs (I love eggs) — although, maybe I should be — use a prepared frozen crust.
Using a prepared frozen crust is one of the best hacks for making a mouthwatering cauliflower crust pizza. It cuts down on preparation time and still offers that perfectly thin crispy crust (if you like that type). Of course, I have nothing against a prepared from scratch cauliflower crust except the time they take to make.
You can find a variety of frozen cauliflower crusts in your local supermarket. However, I have a favorite that I like to use because it is easy to work with, and it has an excellent flavor. The best part is; its low in calories and fat. In my book… that’s a win!
I discovered the CauliPower pizza crust one day as I was strolling the grocery aisles trying to gain some inspiration for a new recipe. The first thing I thought when I saw it, “How could that taste good? Frozen cauliflower crust?!” Honestly, it did sound that appetizing. I was willing to give it a try. I par-baked it, topped it with fresh ingredients, and tossed it back into the oven. Oh my gosh, it was excellent. In fact, I devoured the entire pizza by myself — ashamed to have to admit.
This pizza is overflowing with flavors — warm tomatoes, gooey cheese, and an array of fresh veggies, and spices that make it so irresistible. I paired this pizza with a lovely glass of Chenin Blanc. Other wines that would pair nicely are Sauvignon Blanc, Prosecco, Garnacha and Dry Rosé.
I was so hungry when I made this pizza; I did not have time to take step-by-step photos. Luckily, you won’t need them. This pizza is so easy to make, all you have to do is follow the recipe below.
Cauliflower Crust Fresh Vegetable Pizza
- 1 cauliflower pizza crust coat crust with 1 tbsp of olive oil and par-baked until slightly golden brown
- 10 fresh mozzarella pearls use 1/2 the amount using mozzarella slices
- 2 medium roma tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 sweet orange pepper diced into large pieces
- 1/2 medium onion thinly sliced (red or yellow)
- 1/2 bunch basil leaves lightly chopped
- 4 large white mushrooms sliced
- 8 large black olives sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp tajin clasico seasoning
- Peheat oven to 400° degrees.
- Coat par-baked cauliflower pizza crust with remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Lay sliced tomatoes on crust distributing equally.
- Add yellow peppers and onions to pizza.
- Sprinkle the entire pizza with salt.
- Add basil.
- Equally distribute mozzarella over veggies.
- Add mushrooms and olives.
- Sprinkle on spices over pizza.
- Place pizza on baking sheet in preheated oven and bake until mozzerella is completed melted.
Check Other Delicious Dishes