Party&Entertaining: Easy Salmon Dill Cucumber Bites
Salmon Dill Cucumber Bites
- 4 ounces smoked salmon thinly sliced, and cut into pieces
- 1 large hot house cucumber sliced into 12 pieces
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp ms. dash seasoning
- 1 tbsp dry dill weed
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp capers
- In bowl, mix together the cream cheese, heavy cream, ms. dash, garlic powder, lemon zest, lemon juice, and dry dill weed to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a piping bag (or make your own by snipping the corner of a zip lock bag).
- Arrange the cucumber slices on plate or platter. Pipe cheese mixture onto each cucumber slice, dividing the mixture equally. Top each with a piece of smoked salmon. Add a few capers to each if desired.
Salmon dill cucumber bites are easy to make and great for serving whether it is an elegant, holiday, or a casual occasion. These tasty treats take very little time to whip up, and they ideal for serving large crowds.
My favorite type of cucumber to use for this recipe is the hothouse or English cucumber; I love them because they are large and have few or no seeds. But any type will do; just make sure they really fresh.
Useful tips for picking fresh cucumbers are choosing crisp, firm cucumbers and avoiding those with soft and/or wrinkled tips. Additionally, if the cucumbers have a waxy residue, be sure to thoroughly rinse them, and remove most of the peel before using. On the other hand, gently scrub the vegetable to remove the coating.
Other seafood options to try are smoked trout, shrimp, and crab. These bites are just as delicious with different toppings like grape tomatoes or bacon. Why not try mixing a bit of tuna or creamy avocado into the cream cheese mix for a decadent delight.
Not only are these bites healthy, they are also Keto, and Low-Carb friendly! Additionally, they are great for quick snacks or easy appetizers that you can prepare ahead of time, try these creamy Salmon Dill Cucumber Bites.
Welcome! My name is Pam, and thanks for visiting my blog. Food and Wine Chronicles was created to share real-world experiences in the culture. From wine reviews and wine articles to interviews with winemakers and winery visits, reviews of the latest food hot-spots to the creation of cuisine, all are meant to help educate, inspire, motivate, and connect you to the fantastic vibrant and cultured food and wine lifestyle.Learn more
Search Food & Wine Chronicles
*you will be sent a confirmation email upon subscribing, please confirm your subscription to stay connected.