Quick&Easy: Cheesy Cauliflower Bacon Bake
Cauliflower is one of the healthiest and most versatile veggies at the market. My cheesy cauliflower bacon bake is a must-try recipe. Oh, my goodness! The creaminess of the cheese, and crispy, smoky bacon; how can you not love that.
This dish is super easy to make, and it’s low-carb (for you carb-conscious folks). I try to keep my carbs to a minimum most of the time. One of the best things about this dish—I don’t even miss the carbs.
Now there are all sorts of versions of this dish. But, you know me, I have to put my own twist on everything. I really enjoy experimenting with different ingredients when I am cooking. Therefore, I thought it might be fun to throw in a few surprises—dry mustard, cayenne, and a few other things.
Now I decided to provide the primary ingredients in my photo. However, I share all of the ingredients I used in the recipe.
Let me tell you how I make it:
Here’s My Recipe
Cheesy Cauliflower Bacon Bake
- 1 medium head cauliflower chopped in large chunks
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken thighs large diced
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- Place cauliflower in a pot and fill with water until just covered. Boil until barely fork tender. Cook bacon in a large pan until brown and crisp, place on a paper towel to drain off the oil. Leave the bacon fat in the pan. After that, sprinkle the chicken with some of the salt and pepper. Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned. In a medium-size pot, add butter and garlic, and fragrant. Toss in chicken stock, cream cheese, and heavy cream, and cook until creamy.
- Add the dry mustard, cayenne pepper (optional) paprika, nutmeg, pepper and salt. Stir to combine, and cook for 2 minutes. Sprinkle in 1/2 of the shredded cheese, and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Combine the cauliflower, and chicken in baking dish. Pour the cheese mixture into the dish to coat. Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top, add bacon and scallions.
- Place the pan into a preheated oven and bake at 400° degrees until the cheese is brown and bubbly.
- Finally, sprinkle with parsley, and serve!
Of course, if you are not on a low carb regime, the sky is the limit with this dish. Why stop at just cauliflower? Toss in some fresh broccoli, zucchini, or yellow squash.
For other Quick&Easy meals checkout more Delicious Dishes
Welcome! My name is Pam, and thanks for visiting my blog. Food and Wine Chronicles was created to share real-world experiences in the culture. From wine reviews and wine articles to interviews with winemakers and winery visits, reviews of the latest food hot-spots to the creation of cuisine, all are meant to help educate, inspire, motivate, and connect you to the fantastic vibrant and cultured food and wine lifestyle.Learn more